Elder law is a growing area of the law that focuses on the legal challenges faced by senior adults.
Elder law attorneys are advocates for the elderly and their loved ones. Our attorneys handle a wide range of legal matters affecting an elderly or disabled person, including issues related to health care, long term care planning, guardianship, retirement, Social Security, Medicare/Medicaid, and other important matters. Our elder law attorneys routinely assist clients and their families with:
- Counseling on long-term care options and strategies
- Preserving valuable family assets (IRAs, annuities, cottages, family-owned businesses)
- Using Probate Court to increase income and assets in Medicaid situations
- Qualifying for Government Assistance Programs (Medicaid, VA, SSI)
- Preparing and filing Medicaid applications
- Appealing Medicaid denials
- Establishing Special Needs Trusts to protect inheritances for children with disabilities
- Recovering assets exploited from senior citizens
- Creating life-care plans for seniors without family support
- Advocate on behalf of (or against) Guardians and Conservators in Probate Court in order to protect their wards and ensure accountability
- Communicate effectively with Guardians ad Litem prior to Court
If you are in need of legal representation, please e-mail or call (734) 261-2400 to setup a consultation.