Norman E. Richards (Gene)
Norman E. Richards (Gene) is a partner in our Livonia, MI office where he focuses his practice on estate planning and elder law.
He assists clients with the development of customized estate plans to address their specific needs, including family owned businesses, senior adults concerned about long term care needs, and special needs trusts for children with special needs.
Specifically, Mr. Richards focuses his practice on:
- Estate Planning: Designing customized trusts, wills and powers of attorney. These documents preserve and distribute family and individual assets in the most appropriate way during a person’s lifetime and after death.
- Trust and Probate Administration/Litigation: Providing representation in probate court to establish guardianships and conservatorships and to enforce wills and trusts. He advises and represents surviving family members in administering trusts and estates, including probate procedures and preparation of estate tax returns and representation before the IRS when required.
- Long-Term-Care and Elder Law: Compassionately guiding families planning for long term care and who need to maximize financial resources to pay for the care, through Medicaid and VA Aid and Attendance.
- Disability Planning and Special Needs Trusts: Advising clients who have children with disabilities and creating specialized trusts and legal documents to help provide for a disabled child’s care, while preserving their eligibility for government benefits.
- Businesses and Non-Profits: Assisting clients in forming business entities, managing corporate formalities and arranging for a sale and business succession. Gene also advises non-profits and their boards on corporate and fiduciary duties.
If you are in need of legal representation, please e-mail or call (734) 261-2400 to setup a consultation with Gene Richards.